- Cabernet Sauvignon Barrel Finish -
New Charred American Oak + Former Medium Toast French Oak
- Sourced from a pedigreed craft distillery in Bardstown, KY
- Mashbill consists of 72% corn, 13% rye, 15% barley
- Aged in new charred American Oak barrels for 3 years
- Finished in Napa Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon barrels for 9–12 months
- Bottled at 90 proof
- Pairs perfectly in a Manhattan, Whiskey Sour, or Mint Julep
It’s no secret that Kentucky bourbon is the amber standard for whiskey drinkers, but Amador Whiskey Co.’s Double Barrel Classic Bourbon does something a little extra—it captures the heart of Kentucky in every glass. This 72% corn small batch classic bourbon upholds the high standards of Kentucky bourbon with a deep understanding that it’s more than a spirit, but a culture—a lifestyle. Amador’s classic low-rye bourbon was aged in new charred American oak barrels for three years, taking time to soak in flavors of vanilla, caramel and mildly tart black cherry notes.
Distinct from its Kentucky counterparts, Amador Whiskey Co.’s Double Barrel Classic Bourbon also captures the California spirit. The whiskey’s second barrel aging is done in Napa Valley California, where this classic drink steps into luxury, aging for 9 to 12 months in medium toast French oak Napa Cabernet Sauvignon barrels. The Cabernet aging results in a copper brown bourbon tint with a cabernet red hue, sensational vanilla characteristics and a silky mouthfeel.
The result is a rich take on a Kentucky bourbon, exuding deep flavors of vanilla and toast followed by notes of crème brûlée that conclude with hints of spice in a long, complex finish. When you reach for this bottle, you’re reaching for the Amador golden standard, whether in a Perfect Manhattan cocktail or just slow sipping nice and neat.
How to make a Manhattan
Classic Manhattan Recipe
- 2 oz Amador Whiskey Co. Double Barrel
- 1/2 oz Trincheri® Sweet Vermouth
- 1/2 oz Trincheri® Dry Vermouth
- 2 dashes bitters
Stir all ingredients with ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.See more cocktails